Collaborate with Lake County Human Services Professionals
- Collective grant opportunities – Access to funding or new resources through collaborative grants. As we find grants that require collaboration, we are inviting members to participate. Several collaborative grant requests are in process. As of March 2013, The Alliance has already received one collaborative grant.
- Shared Best Practices – We are planning regular training and technical assistance events. This will result in lower cost access to high quality training and technical assistance for your organization. Topics will be determined by the members and may include Board Governance, Effective Advocacy and Preparing for Emergencies in our sector.
- Through its shared database, members will have access to real time information about human services available to Lake County residents. This will include not only what services are offered, but also what the eligibility requirements are. This powerful information will make it much easier for providers to collaborate with organizations offering complementary services.
Share Information and Provide Holistic Care
Knowing individuals who receive holistic and coordinated care have better outcomes, early on The Alliance identified these goals.
- Coordinate care across service providers
- Efficiently refer customers to providers of ancillary services
With these in mind, The Alliance chose to work towards the use of a single shared database across Lake County.
- All member services and eligibility requirements accessible online
- One shared customer case file across multiple providers
Advocate with Real Lake County Data
Networking and educational opportunities facilitate members sharing both successes and needs in the community. This shared pool of knowledge works to paint a Lake Count specific picture. It enables The Alliance to meaningfully participate as a voice for Lake County in larger advocacy groups such as Illinois Partners for Human Services. Add your voice today.
Implementing a county-wide shared database will strengthen this voice. This effort, one of the driving forces behind The Alliance’s creation, is underway. As it becomes more fully implemented, The Alliance will have a broad array of real time data about human services in Lake County.
We will be able to identify needs, trends, and very importantly, advocate for the human services sector with real time intelligence.